Re: [IPk] pump costs

In message <000b01bf6c12$cf1479e0$email @ redacted>, John Davis
<email @ redacted> writes
>To offset against these costs, there is frequently a reduction in insulin
>requirements in the region of  20% to 40% of MDI levels. At The Royal
>Bournemouth Hospital they have calculated a saving of 5 per patient per
What a great figure to give to my GP!
Can I just check what that 5 is - is it 5 a week spent less on
insulin, or is it 5 a week net saving by spending less on insulin, next
to nothing on syringes, but spending more on pump accessories (?and the
pump itself and/or its depreciation)?

I should be saving a lot on insulin, as I usually throw away half-full
bottles of Monotard (it only has a very short shelf life, out of the
fridge, I find).

Best wishes to all,
Pat Reynolds
   (T. Pratchett)