Re: [IPk] Thoughts re. Dahedi

>I also have never needed to cancel a bolus, what I usually do is take about
>50% of what I believe I will need before a meal and the rest afterwards,
>depending upon what I actually eat. I (still) use Actrapid and have never

Aha! I'm glad someone else does was I often do... like you, I tend to take
about 50% "up front", (I use Humalog) and then follow it up after the meal
once I know precisely what I have eaten. Since there is little "cost"
involved in bolussing, this is an easy solution.

But I'm not sure there was ever much "cost" for me in doing injections
either - I find them virtually painless.

PS My wife has just had round for lunch one of her pregnancy friends, who
has type 1 diabetes, and is on injections. Yikes! What do I give her for
lunch? What do diabetics eat??? Has she had enough carbohydrate? Will she
be shocked that we eat butter and not low fat spread? It was really wierd!

mailto:email @ redacted