Re: [IPk] Group input

>[Julette Kentish]  People on a trial of insulin pumps got together as a
>group last night and all the feedback was great. It is so nice for me to
>physically hear what these patients think about how pumps have given
>them freedom  especially when they were apprehensive to start with.
>Perhaps that sort of angle should be used when talking to health
>commission bodies - rather than documenting on paper. If health
>professionals have doubts they should talk with a group of pumpers on
>how they have been able to lead more normal lives.... It's not perfect
>but it's getting there....julette:)

Well done Julette! And were you still wearing your own saline-pump? I think
you're doing a fantastic job, and I would like to nominate you for the
ip-uk "pumper of the year" award :-)

Last September about 8 of us, pumps in pocket, descended on the BDA's
Oxford conference, which was great fun. We were there in no official
capacity, but AMT and INPUT Group both had stands, but a lot of people were
very interested, as we swanned around with that smug
I'm-in-control-of-my-diabetes self-satisfied look on our faces ;-p

mailto:email @ redacted