From: email @ redacted [mailto:email @ redacted]On Behalf Of
morag_mclaren_minimed
Sent: 19 January 2000 10:55
To: email @ redacted
Subject: Re: [IPk] Hospital visit

Slow down this is starting to scare me !!

UK pump users are still going to need supportive centres here who can see
them , assist with pump advise and troubleshooting etc.
Long distance medical care can be difficult and may result in problems .

This may be a stop gap and allow a few people to get onto a pump quickly but
it is not a suitable long term solution .

We are training pump centres in the UK as quickly as we can and if your
doctors aren't supportive we can arrange to give them a presentation on the
benefits of CSII including an update on recent studies and try to change
their views .
If they remain unhelpful we can suggest that you contact other centres where
we are setting up a pump programme and pumps are being used .

The UK situation is improving quickly but some areas are slower to start
than others .

Please feel free to contact us and we can discuss the best approach that
will work for you in your area .

Michael , thanks for your ideas . I do feel that the pump doctor needs to
see the patient .
If things go wrong in the conservative UK with pumps now then the doctors
and NHS will never consider this a viable alternative to injections .

How do the rest of you feel about this ?
Morag