[IPk] Riots v Reason

I'm relatively new to pumping only owning one thanks to the Harrogate trial
and my diabetic nurse , but I have a problem I don't want to give the thing
back, in actual fact I've become rather attached to it ( pardon the pun). I
find myself faced with how to pay for it ? I figure I can pay for one myself
without too much dificulty , but why should I , why should any of us ?

Then I get thinking about the tousands of diabetics who could benefit from
this .Why aren't people being given the choice ? I work for the NHS and my
job is all about giving people choices .It is well documented that better
control  = reduced risk of complications , at my last clinic appointment
before I started on the pump the Dr told me to improve my control or risk
losing my eyesight , kidney funciton and feet to name a few .The pump for me
= better control , I figure this must mean a cost saving for the NHS in the
future .Here is where the riotus behaviour starts I want to beat the heads
of consultants who dismiss them without knowing all the facts and I would be
in the middle of the riot in Trafalgar Square .

Reason wins however, this has to build slowly and the various trials around
the country and world will produce the results. we need to change current
thinking  but Pumpers need to advertise their pumps , why not . The more
people who know the better .There are so many diabetics out there who know
nothing about pumps it needs more positive press both locally and nationally
and lets face why not make your MP or even Tony Blairs day write him a
letter !
A new but mild Fanatic