RE: [IPk] Disposable insulin pump

I know it sounds awful but some of the type 2 diabetes patients I have
seen would not be suitable to have bolus functioning pumps because they
find it difficult to understand and interpret food, let alone bolus
(cho:insulin ratios) with the education process. If the education
doesn't work effectively, it doesn't make pump use a viable option (if
it isn't successful, is it likely to get funding in the future NHS?). I
have resorted to giving some type 1s and 2s on MDI pre-calculated advice
on CHO adjustment (eg; if you are having your mashed potato have 4
units, if you are having your pasta have 6 units etc...) have done well,
their BGL are better and because their meals rarely vary, exact dose
advice on specific meals has worked. Although it is not classically
giving them the freedom as you would with pumps and eating.... I just
think some people are not suited and screening would have to be
structured.