[IPk] Disetronic Pumps - the "2 year" thing

I, like others, are curious as to why Disetronic pumps are programmed to
halt after two years of operation.  Here is New Zealand we are told that
when the two year shutdown is about to happen the pump can be returned to
Switzerland for a complete re-build, effectively being returned as a brand
new pump, (ready to function for another two years I presume?).  During the
rebuild the second pump can be used or a loan pump supplied by Disetronic.
The cost of this rebuild is said to be about $NZ400 (but I cannot confirm
nor deny this cost).

I understood, though, that Disetroinc is/was reviewing it's policy on
warranty, life of pumps, etc, and that an announcement was to be made in due
course.  There was something said about Disetronic aligning their policy to
be similar to the way Minimed operate.

Can a Disetronic rep comment on all this please.  I am very interested in
knowing all the goss on this one!  I'd love to know why the pumps are
programmed to halt after 2 years too!

Mike Jensen,
New Zealand.