Re: [IPk] Disposable insulin pump

> I know that a lot of the cost of a pump is in making it accurate over a
> long life-span. The original early 1980's pumps used to wear out easily,
> and give inaccurate doses. Perhaps MiniMed have developed components that
> can be very cheaply mass-produced, but wear out after a few weeks? Rather
> like cheap watches that are fine for a while, and then break down...

Hmm, the analogy doesn't exactly fill me with confidence!
> Could they be like these pre-filled injection pens perhaps? The pump might
> be pre-filled with insulin - ideal for the partially sighted - and the chip
> in the pump could be a bog-standard chip that just costs a few dollars.

I would imagine so. But really, the filling of the pump is not that
hard thing for a blind person (they have to do much harder things in
everyday life!) though it may seem like a problem. Air bubbles can be
a ***** though for anyone, so I guess that would be a help.