[IPk] News about the Insulin Pumpers MOVE

Hi Pumpers,

Over the holidays, the offices of Insulin Pumpers were moved to new
quarters. The new office is in a busy area of town(s) on a corner
where the cities of Palo Alto, Mt. View and Los Altos meet, rather a
nice location. The saga of our move continues......

In November -- can't remember the exact date, but around thanksgiving
I was notified along with all the other tenants on our floor that we
all had to be out of the building by the end of December. No
explanation, nothing (nice xmas present). Turns out the landlord
decided to rent the entire building to a new tenant for big $$ and we
were an inconvenience. Seems that the deal was done near the
beginning of October, but the landlord decided not to tell us until
the last minute. Nice, huh??

Anyway, that is water under the bridge. The new office is nice, a
little smaller and a bit more expensive but well located and with an
agreeable management company. Most of the network equipment is now up
and running, but we still don't have internet service directly to the
office -- working on that!!!! I moved the "gotta have" equipment
home where I have internet service before the move so everything will
continue to work until the office service is installed/restored.
You may have noticed a few delivery glitches now and then,
hopefully this will smooth out as I get the rest of the equipment
working again (a few things died in the move and have had to be

The move was accomplished over several days using my van and some
"forced labor" from my kids and the kind help of list member David
Winegarden who came over with his pickup -- he lives across the bay
and helped us with the lovely task of moving a gazillion boxes
and the like.  Thanks David!

More news!!

Over the holidays we raised over $1000 in donations to help us meet
our 12 month "sweak by" budget goals.

Thank You - Thank You - Thank You

We can now pay the rent and utilities for a couple of more months.
Please help with the funding drive. If all 2000 of our list members
contributed JUST $10 a year, we would have the budget made no-sweat.
Please consider making a donation if you have not already done so.
Our 144 contributors so far have donated on the average over $50 each
and are to be commended for there generous help in supporting Insulin
Pumpers. Please won't the rest of you at least make a minimum
contribution to the cause.

While I'm on my wish list, here is the rest of it!!

2) Add your doctor to the "PUMP DOCS" list. There are 119
doctors added so far, but there are almost 2000 list members. Think
of the enormous help it would be to others if there were 2000 doctors
on the list from all over the world. To find a pump doc would be a
mouse click away.  Please do it TODAY

3) Fill out the Insulin Pumper's Information Form. Your statistical
data will help all other pumpers, the medical profession and the
general public learn more about pumping. As a bonus, you get your own
dot on the Insulin Pumpers MAP.

4) Parents of pumpers!!! If you haven't done it, send me a story
about how the pump has improved life for your child and your family
as a whole. Many parents of children with diabetes visit our web site
looking for help for their child. Your story will bring hope to them
and let them know they are not alone.

Very Best Regards and a
Happy New Year, Happy Hanukkah, Blessed Ramadan
as is appropriate

Michael Robinton
Executive Director
Insulin Pumpers