Re: [IPk] Animas Vibe

Hi John,
I switched to the Animas Vibe last August. There has been some
discussion on this list about the pros and cons of this pump (look in
the archives). I don't use the food app at all, so can't answer you
about that. In my experience the best thing about the Vibe is that
filling the cartridge is essentially free from bubbles with minimal
effort, and insulin delivery is fine, and allows for accurate delivery
of low basal rates. I find that the structure of the menus has not
been so well thought out and is not as user-friendly and sophisticated
as in my previous pump (Cozmo, which is discontinued, so I had to
switch). I like the computer interface. And although I personally
don't use a CGM at present, I wanted to have the option for the future
or for occasional use, and one major advantage of the Vibe is its
compatibility with an excellent CGM.
Feel free to ask all your questions - there are quite a few people on
this list who use the Vibe, and everyone has their own list of pros
and cons.
Good luck with your choice
Nanette