Re: [IPk] Sudden change in sensitivity to insulin?

Thanks for the comments everyone. To answer a few of the suggestions that
you've made:

I do have coeliac disease (was diagnosed about 11 years ago now) and keep
pretty well to the GF diet, so I don't think it will be an absoption thing
there. I haven't made any changes to exercise/food/not trying to lose
weight or anything.

Nothing different really....apart from the fact I'm just recovering from a
really bad cold. I've had it for about 10 days now, and almost got rid of
it now. These problems started once the worst of the cold was beginning to
shift. Don't know if that would be affecting it? I always thought typically
blood sugars would go up with an illness, not erratically down though?

Have checked basal settings and clock and nothing unusual there. Hadn't
considered the 2 conditions you suggested Melissa, hopefully its nothing as
major as that!

Oh, and I don't think I'm pregnant (something that passed through my mind
yesterday as a possible cause of sudden insulin changes?). There is an
incredibly small chance I am, and I haven't tested so I can't rule that out
for definite, but is highly unlikely.

It sounds like reducing my basal at night (if not all the time) is a good
idea? But how about reducing my bolusses in general as well - any thoughts?

Thanks for your help (I only get the digest emails, so sorry if I seem to
reply slowly)

Laura

http://type1diabetes.about.com/od/schooldaycareandlaws/p/Thyroid-Disease-And-Diabetes.htmand

http://consumer.healthday.com/diabetes-information-10/demographic-diabetes-news-177/people-with-type-1-diabetes-at-risk-of-thyroid-disease-671104.html