Re: [IPk] Sudden change in sensitivity to insulin?

Hi Laura
I hate it when this kind of thing happens. What I would suggest (in
addition to the other very sensible pieces of advice) is to aim above
all else for stable BGs, if a bit higher than normal. And just be very
conservative with bolusing to bring down a high. Try also eating
consistently, at a similar time each day, with a similar amount of carbs
(preferably fairly low carbs) so that you minimise the effect of food.
Just for a few days until things settle. Keep everything as simple as
you can.

Could be any number of causes - have you changed *anything* about your
daily life recently? Stress, exercise, alcohol, food (content or
timing), body weight, etc? Otherwise, could be you're getting ill (for
some illnesses, my sensitivity initially increases before it decreases),
just randomly you happen to have picked some good sites for infusion
sets, or other odd body changes (I go through phases of being very
hungry, eating a lot and having much increased insulin sensitivity,
often after a period of much increased exercise - after I came back from
a 2 week trek to Everest Base Camp, I had this effect of massively
increased insulin sensitivity for over a month before things went back
to normal). Or it could just be your body being temporarily weird for no
apparent reason (I get phases of this too,though usually with the effect
of decreased sensitivity).
Good luck!
Di