Re: [IPk] Sudden change in sensitivity to insulin?

Hi Laura

The first thing that comes to mind is this: check your basal settings to
make sure that the clock in the pump is correct. I know, it sounds silly
but I have heard of people accidentally changing AM and PM and making basal
changes to the wrong time of day by accident. It'll take about 10 seconds
to rule this out.

The next thing that comes to mind is the possibility that you've developed
adrenal insufficiency or Addison's disease - have a read of this:
http://pmj.bmj.com/content/76/894/230.full
The good news is if it is Addison's, it should require just a daily pill to
manage.

Another possibility is hypothyoidism - see

http://type1diabetes.about.com/od/schooldaycareandlaws/p/Thyroid-Disease-And-Diabetes.htmand

http://consumer.healthday.com/diabetes-information-10/demographic-diabetes-news-177/people-with-type-1-diabetes-at-risk-of-thyroid-disease-671104.html
Again, hypothyroidism can be managed with a pill.

If I were you I would contact my GP and request to have both a thyroid
function test and a synacthen test (used to check for cortisol levels)
ASAP.

Info on the tests here:
http://www.patient.co.uk/health/thyroid-function-tests and
http://www.patient.co.uk/health/synacthen-test and