RE: [IPk] Swimming

Hi Alice
I go swimming for about 30-40mins & agree with what's already been said.
 I go straight from work so ensure I have no insulin on board (!) and eat a
snack 30mins before. I'm then disconnected from my pump for about an hour
(changing, swimming, shower etc) so no basal.
 This usually works for me but I do check regularly afterwards as I can go low
but sometimes need to correct later which I assume is due to the after effects
of no basal for an hour kicking in.
Enjoy your swim!
Philippa
T1 18yrs Pumping 6mths

SPAR There for you

Disclaimer
 This email is confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual to
whom it is addressed. Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the
author and do not necessarily represent those of SPAR (UK) Limited. If you are
not the intended recipient, be advised that you have received this email in
error and that any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing or copying of this
email is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error please
notify the administrator email @ redacted
Registered Address: SPAR (UK) Ltd, 66-68 College Road, Harrow, Middx, HA1 1BE.
Place of Registration: England
TEL: 0208 426 3700
FAX: 0208 426 3701
Registered No: 634226
Please consider the environment - do you really need to print this email?