Re: [IPk] Swimming

Good for you! I would definitely turn basal off completely for 30 mins
before you swim or have 15g carbs or so. Otherwise I guarantee you'll go
low within the first 15 minutes. Remember that unplugging your pump
while swimming will take around 30 mins to take effect, so it won't stop
you going low while swimming, only afterwards. Similarly, I doubt you'll
need to decrease basal after swimming, though you may need to take
insulin to replace some of the missed basal.
But start slow and see what happens - everyone's very different. I'd err
on the side of caution and aim to prevent a low while swimming, even if
you end up a big high.
Di