Re: [IPk] Swimming

Hi Alice
Good for you!  I would start with a slightly high BG  and see how you go
this time.  If you are not used to exercise it is likely to have a bigger
effect.  However, if you are disconnecting to swim - therefore no basal for
30 mins or more by the time you are changed - then I would have thought it
unlikely you would need to reduce basal afterwards.  The big issue I find
with exercise is having bolus insulin on board during exercise - because
that really makes my BG drop, even if I have eaten the carbs for it.
But, we are all different, so what works for me may not for you - test,
test and test!

Good luck
Barbara