Re: [IPk] Swimming

Hi Alice,

I'm also planning to swim tonight. Typically swim lengths for 30-40
mins twice a week. Suspend the pump about 10-15 mins before getting
into the pool, for an hour.
Usually go not so long after eating supper, and take reduced bolus for
supper, and about 95% of the time this works very well.  Mostly I do
not need to reduce basal afterwards unless I've been particularly
energetic since it's only half hour's exercise. If I exercise for
longer I generally do reduce basal afterwards. But we are all
different, you'll have to try it and see.
And of course nothing works 100% of the time and the odd time I do get
slightly hypo when swimming towards the end of the half hour - never
had anything scary happen, though I was nervous at first when I
started this.
Enjoy your swim
Nanette