Re: [IPk] Re : extreme low carb diet

 Ingrid, apologies for not being clear. Whole almonds are a better choice if
trying to reduce fat intake. Obviously you need to chew them to eat and swallow
but this still does not allow anything like the readily accessible amount if
fats found in flaked or ground almonds.

 Having said that I still enjoy all forms of almonds but use more whole ones.
And yes the other nutrients are available if at lower levels when using whole as
opposed to flaked, nibbled or ground almonds.

 As with everything, it is a matter of choice but getting full information is
often the challenge as we know to our cost.

Rhoda

 P.S. Two of my favourite snack options with almonds is to (1) dry roast or fry
them with a little low salt soya sauce and sesame seeds. Let them cool and store
in airtight container.
 (2) Place some whole almonds in a container and grate some 70% or 80% dark
chocolate and nuke in microwave for 30 secs or so. Again allowed to cool and
stored in airtight container they're a treat snack when I crave a chocolate fix.

Sent from my iPad