[IPk] Re : extreme low carb diet

>>> By the way, whole almonds are better for you than flaked or ground since
the
human gut cannot break down the whole nut to access the high levels of fat
but which are accessible in the other formats...

Hi Rhoda, do you mean whole almonds are better or not better? I'm confused.
Presumably they're better whole if you're trying to avoid the high levels of
fat altogether, but then wouldn't you avoid absorbing all the other nutrients
too? And swallowing them whole is difficult, chewing is very hard not to do!
I know flax seeds are (virtually) indigestable unless ground up and if you eat
whole sesame seeds, they come out whole the other end! As a vegan I get my
omega 3 from flax (best vegetable source of it and best balance between omega
3 & 6 in flax/linseed) - I grind up fresh flax & almonds, with ground sesame
and/or hazelnuts, every week or so, keep in the fridge, and sprinkle on
everything (particularly brekkies - fresh fruit, unsweetened soya yog and
ground mix). But you've got me wondering about ground vs. whole almonds now!
Am I missing something here, have I misunderstood what you're saying?
Nanette - I remember (I think) that your bro is on MDI - how does he manage
his BGs with low carb diet on MDI with inability to adjust say temp basals or
give extended boluses for low carb/high protein/fat meals?
Ingrid