Re: [IPk] Banned or suspended from the gym

On 13/02/2014 11:38, Belinda Washington wrote:
> The number of grams of long-acting carbs may be part of the issue.

Indeed, many people make up their own drinks (I know Ian does), but you
can always water them down if necessary. Or add other things to them. A
lot of people even without DM make up their own sports drinks - it does
take a bit of experimenting to find what works for you. I find
milk-based drinks are good for sport if I want something beforehand
that's a mix of short- and long-acting (personally I often eat a
MullerRice pot before a gym class, as it has a good mix of the two, but
things like flavoured milk also work very well for me). Of course,
everyone's different, that's why you have to figure out what works for
you. But my point is that sometimes it's very easy to get stuck on only
one thing that you're convinced will be the only thing that works. It's
not a bad idea to look around at possible alternatives (I don't always
have access to MullerRice, for example!)
Di