From: DIana Maynard <email @ redacted>
Date: 13/02/2014  09:56  (GMT+00:00)
To: email @ redacted
Subject: Re: [IPk] Banned or suspended from the gym

> As the liquid substitutes are short-acting carbs, they are not
> effective options to reduce the risk of rebound & post-exercise hypos...

For the record, liquids with longer acting carbs are available. as is the
possibility using a temp basal if you have a pump. As is eating food in the
lobby, changing room etc (I believe it's only in the actual gym area she's not
allowed food). so it's not quite the same. I'm not saying I agree with the gym,
 but there are possibilities to comply and still remain alive while exercising.
still think a compromise could easily be reached.
Di

> On 12 Feb 2014, at 10:34, Diana Maynard <email @ redacted>
> wrote:
>
>>> Banning her from taking life-preserving supplies to the gym is
>>> banning her i=
>>> n the same way as banning assistance dogs bans the assisted
> person.
>>> It is u=
>>> nlawful.
>>
>> But they're not banning her from taking life-preserving supplies. She's
allowed to take Lucozade, orange juice etc.