[IPk] Re Long distance travel

Thank you, Nanette for your advice.
Yes, I do take medication for motion sickness which is prescribed by my doctor
but I have previously taken only short distance flights - two and a half to
three hours. The medication gets me through but I have to travel with my eyes
closed from the time that the aircraft begins to move from a stationary
position, on the ground, until stationary at my destination. This is in order
to 'cut off' one of the senses which contribute to the motion sickness
condition i.e. vision and balance. As you might guess all forms of transport
have a similar effect - unless I'm driving.
I'll ask my doctor for something which is possibly more effective and adjust
the time on my pump when I land, as you said.
I know that some medications cause drowsiness so of course I need to avoid
those in order to be alert to hypos and hypers.
Thanks again.
Pat