[IPk] tooth enamel and hypo remedies

This does bring up an important point. For years I used Lucozade, sweets
etc for hypos (I hate glucose tablets), having had DM for 35 years. I'm
also a terrible tooth grinder, especially at night, and also used to
drink a fair amount of Diet Coke etc. The consequence of the three
things combined is that since the last few years I have terrible tooth
damage due to the enamel wearing away. I have perfectly healthy teeth
otherwise (never had a single filling). I wear a bite guard at night but
I'm not sure it helps much (I grind my teeth during the day too). I also
use special extra-fluoride-containing toothpaste on prescription from
the dentist, alternated with Sensitive toothpaste to stop the pain. If I
drink even sugar-free juice in the gym (I hate plain water, and I go to
the gym pretty much every day) my teeth are so sore I can't chew
anything solid. Trying to restrict now my use of such drinks, but it's
really hard to find anything I can drink on a regular basis apart from
plain water, or anything I can use for hypos apart from glucose tablets
(ugh).

Any suggestions welcome. Using a straw doesn't work for me either, my
teeth still get coated in the stuff just as much, and it's not practical
in the gym, when out running etc!

I mostly use jelly babies or Lucozade these days for hypos, depending
where I am and what I'm doing.

It's hard to tell whether it's the sugar/acid or the teeth grinding
which are the main problem, but I would imagine the combination of the two!
Di