Re: [IPk] fainting due to hypo

I've never done it myself, but I've witnessed it happen to other people
twice. Once to a complete stranger at a sports tournament who happened
to be sitting next to me, she fell over backwards and hit her head on
the wall. I brought her round with glucose gel after discovering from
her friend that she was diabetic. She had already felt the symptoms of
low BG, had some chocolate but either it hadn't worked fast enough or it
hadn't been enough. It also happened to a friend who again was low
before eating, and the food didn't work fast enough. Again, I brought
him round with glucose gel and he was fine.
I think if you're also tired, dehydrated or not feeling great, it's
probably more likely to happen. Also, I sometimes don't have hypo
warning signs until very late, especially if very tired, but most of the
time I still have very good signs, so just because you didn't feel it
once doesn't mean you've lost all your awareness. I wouldn't worry too
much, but maybe keep an eye out for hypo unawareness in future.
Di