Re: [IPk] Long distance travel

Hi Pat,

I'm not the greatest expert, though do travel sometimes for work as
well as for pleasure.

How do you manage with the motion sickness? can you take medication to
control it, or do you just suffer? and can you eat or does that make
things worse?
I occasionally suffer from quite severe sickness when flying, but
unpredictable, so take low (or no) sugar crystallized ginger to chew
bits of from time to time, which helps.

Regarding number of stops - I haven't heard of any diabetes related
rules about what is better - more shorter flights or fewer longer ones
- if you have a choice do what feels better to you.

I change the clock on my pump as I arrive back on dry land after each
flight, and eat meals if/when I am hungry and/or when there is food
around. Hopefully other more experienced travellers will have some
better advice.

Happy travel planning!

Nanette