[IPk] Accu-chek Spirit Pump Time Up

I am really really depressed  as I have just been told by my pump clinic
that the new pump that I need is not

available now as the powers that be would not agree the funding so the order
did not go in.  I informed them in

October last year that my pump would run out  mid-February and have been
reminding them monthly since then.

Last month I was told there was a problem with funding but not to worry as
my pump would not just stop, however

I have spoken to Roche today and they tell me it definitely will stop in 10
days time.

My DSN has told me to be prepared to go back on MDI which obviously I don't
want to do.  My BGs are very erratic

and the only way I can keep control is by constant blood testing and using
the pump facilities.

I have pretty good control at present and don't want to mess it up.  I am
feeling very weepy and could do without

this worry as I have to go for an echocardiogram this afternoon.  I feel
under enough stess now without undergoing an

induced stress test.

Does anyone have experience of whether the Spirit pump does actually stop on
the day the timer says it will?

Sorry about the rant.

Dawn Tonge

Diabetic 40 years this year. Pumping 5 years