RE: [IPk] Carb boluses and post meal levels HELP NEEDED

Hi Eleanor

Oats are not usually recommended for children with coeliac.  Although oats
contain a different protein to gliadin in wheat , oats available in the UK
are seldom pure oats and are usually contaminated by other crops so oats are
not recommended for kids or sensitive adults with coeliac.  In some other
countries you can get pure oats more easily than the UK.  Basically the jury
is still out on whether oats are "safe".  There are various forms of GF
porridge but the twins think they are all disgusting.  I have tried them too
and they are!!!  They are also quite high GI too so not worth buying really.
Porridge is one of the things that the twins used to love before coeliac,
though I always had trouble dosing for porridge.

I think that we will have to try giving the insulin 10 minutes before a meal
unless Sasha is low before hand.

Jackie