From: email @ redacted [mailto:email @ redacted]On
Behalf Of Diana Maynard
Sent: 22 February 2005 19:58
To: email @ redacted
Subject: Re: [IPk] Child diabetics denied life-saving therapy

Insulin Pumpers is made possible by the tax deductible contributions.
During the Winter PLEDGE drive, won't you help out and do your part
by making a contribution. Your donation of $10, $25, or more... just
$1 or $2 per month is needed so that Insulin Pumpers can continue to
serve you and the rest of the diabetes community. Please visit:

Hi Marie
If Findley has a packed lunch, you could work out the carbs beforehand, and
write the bolus amount on a label with his food. Then it would be easy for his
teacher to do the bolus. Although obviously if he was high or low, that might
need to be adjusted - again you could set up a sliding scale of adjustment
doses. I know there are people who do something similar.

Was he on MDI before the pump? If so, it shouldn't be that different really.

If his teachers are happy to do the blood test, I don't see why they couldn't
do the bolus. Or he could even do it himslef (though you'd probably want to
have a teacher check he'd done it right).
Good luck!
Di