From: email @ redacted [mailto:email @ redacted]On
Behalf Of DARRELL HAGREEN
Sent: 22 February 2005 19:40
To: email @ redacted
Subject: Re: [IPk] Child diabetics denied life-saving therapy

Insulin Pumpers is made possible by the tax deductible contributions.
During the Winter PLEDGE drive, won't you help out and do your part
by making a contribution. Your donation of $10, $25, or more... just
$1 or $2 per month is needed so that Insulin Pumpers can continue to
serve you and the rest of the diabetes community. Please visit:

Great news! Paul has been pumping one week now and he loves it! Blood sugars
have been a bit erratic but it is early days and at least we can correct it
within two hours. He has played football three times and he has been ok.
He went back to school yesterday and I had a phone call at 10.30am saying
Paul BS was 27.1 and we had no correction dose for that! so I had a mad
panic and dashed to school thinking there was must be something wrong with
the set, everything was fine when I got there, but the headteacher had
announced to the school about the pump and Paul had to stand up in front of
everyone. I think it was mainly adrenaline because I gave a correction of 3
units and he came down to 12.7.
I am checking him twice during night and about every 2 hours during day, but
it is still early days.
Karen