[IPk] Re: pump features

Tori,

I'd also like to be able to personalize the assumptions about insulin
on board, though I think my pattern is less far from uniform than
yours, so I am less affected by this.
Regarding the temporary raised or lowered basal rates, I agree that
automatically presented intelligent suggestions would be nice, but I am
so much enjoying the greater flexibility of temporary basal rates
compared to my previous pump - of being able to specify exactly how
long the temporary basal is to continue. Why would it make any
difference regarding to having to eat for a hypo - as it is you can, so
long as you have the mind to do so when hypo, specify a much reduced
basal rate for half an hour, and thus get away with eating very little
if anything (depending on just how low your BG) - I do this frequently,
and it seems to work reasonably well. If at the end of half an hour I
am still borderline hypo, then I set a low basal rate for however much
longer seems appropriate, depending on activity, and if I plan to eat a
meal anyway etc. I find that my basal insulin requirement is acutely
sensitive to current blood glucose level, so if I am borderline hypo
and not about to eat a meal, I may set basal rate to 80 or 90% of its
usual level for a couple of hours or more.
Nanette
>Just another point about the Cozmo too. You can program the Cozmo for
your
>own sensitivity. The default is that insulin remains active for 3
hours,
>but for example in ME, insulin remains active for 4 hours, so I have
my
>Cozmo set to do that. One minor irritation I have with the IOB
function
is