Re: [IPk] Child diabetics denied life-saving therapy

I agree, Abi - it just doesn't seem right or fair that some kids get
pumps straight off, without having the chance to count carbs with mdi.

Not only would it save resources if _everyone_ had to spend six months
on mdi (trying 3 or 4 basal insulins), but also the experience would
give them a head start once they start pumping.

But better still, if every child in the country with poor control could
be changed over to mdi within a matter of months.

A young diabetic I know is given his dad's actrapid to bring down the
daily 20+ highs .... Parents are frantic, naturally.

Best wishes,

Pat

--
Pat Reynolds