[IPk] Question sensitivities?

Hi
Just a question..
The DSN said last week that maybe my sensitivities to foods/insulin should
be tested, then said no but possibly at a later date as it would mean being
 hospitalised for a couple of days. (Twiddled around with basals instead as they
were so out)
Anyone know what this means? I could only think of the fasting and  measuring
BG testing I do myself at home to set basals or is there some other,  more
complex, testing method?
thanks
helen