Re: [IPk] reply to Rhoda - more creaking bits

In message <000c01c51775$632d68e0$email @ redacted>, June Searle
<email @ redacted> writes
>For instance.  I eat later last night at 9.00 pm, bg was 10.6 (having  had
>low bg 3.4 at 6.00 pm and taken 15 Lucozade which should have gone with
>basals 0.3.

June: disregard all readings for 24 hrs after a low - your bgs get
screwed up by lows, so you can't learn anything about your basals,
reaction from food, or anything after them.

If you are now shaking your head, saying 'but I go hypo virtually every
day - how am I supposed to set my basal!', then what was recommended to
me (by Guys) is to try and get stable, not at the ideal 4 - 7, but much
higher: at, say 8-11. Treat everything under 8 as if it were a hypo
(drink locozade to bring you back up to 9).  When you are not getting
daily hypos at 8-11, you can drop to 7-10, and so on.

Hope that helps,

Pat
--
Pat Reynolds