Re: [IPk] reply for Miriam - gluten and BG control

In message <email @ redacted>,
Jackie Jacombs <email @ redacted> writes
>The carb counting classes we are going to pre pump are getting us to do post
>meal checks at two hours after meals and I know in the past that when we
>have done  checking the two hour post meal levels were fine, but at the
>moment we are finding much higher levels than usual 2 hours after a meal.
>We are gradually increasing the doses but still seem to be either over or
>undoing things.

Could this be a timing problem, rather than an ammount problem?  If you
don't correct at 2 hours, what happens at 3 - is there some falling off
- that would suggest that you might need to move the injection back by
10 or 15 mins.

The difference between active and inactive is probably to blame - it
will not only make a difference in insulin resistance, but also in
predictability, I find.

Best wishes,

Pat

--