Re: [IPk] reply for Miriam - gluten and BG control and omegas

Mir,
I feel for you and Grace, and it's a drag when you know what would help, but
it is true that if there's no gluten in the body then the tests will be
negative and you're back to square one. Painful as it is, you'll have to push
for the biopsy to get 'official status'. It might only need to be a few days
on gluten to show up in the tests? I'm not really sure. Someone ought to know
though. Does Grace get stomach cramps and diarrhea on gluten? If so, you can
strengthen your case if your health care providers are sympathetic - as we
know those symptoms cause blood sugar disruption, and I think most staff are
more concerned with DIABETES than with issues of the gut that have less
understanding/importance!

As for the dairy and juicing issues, it's not their fault I guess - their
training doesn't cover it. I have to remind myself of this when I am seeing
dieticians etc as a patient, even though I want to scream.
I wonder where your nearest nutritional medicine practitioner is - we often
have to liase with GPs etc on a professional basis. You might be lucky enough
to live near someone who is respected enough to be able to help you and Grace
get things moving faster?

I'm sure that I'm perceived as a crank, but try not to lose faith! (difficult
sometimes though...)
You'll get there.
Kindest regards
Michele