Re: [IPk] More creaking bits...<G>

Rhoda
Hope you are feeling better. My son has had chronic eczema and is allergic
to steroids and penicillin. It has been a helluva learning curve over the
years but some elements tend to hold true, regardless. One is that to heal
the skin you need omegas which are fundamental to the functioning of the
prostaglandin's. Flax oil is long identified as beneficial in Diabetes so if
you can stand it it will be good for you regardless...... Udo's does an oil
( Health food stores) that can be gotten in capsule form to add to your
rattle factor. I have often wondered in terms of Diabetes but for eczema the
omegas are absorbed sufficiently through the skin. If you rub it away from
any effected skin and within a few days your nose will be shiny and hair
too! it's a great way to get omegas into kids.
I'm sure you know that keeping the eczema moisturised is crucial or the skin
hasn't the capacity to heal itself and break the cycle. If you are having
flare-ups might it be something in your diet or change of detergent ? If you
are intolerant of certain foods such as dairy ( as opposed to allergic) you
may need to detox for a few weeks and then you may be able to take them
again. There is a huge "overload" factor where if you tolerate one
particular thing it may become a trigger if you are exposed to dustmites,
chlorine etc in an accumulated way. It is so tiring and debilitating to fell
itchy. I hope you get some relief. Regardless of what actions you take to
treat it. Omegas are crucial and if you are "breaking" down then you can be
sure you have a deficiency. Hope some of this is of use.
Mir
Mum to Grace 5yrts dx 10.03 and pumping 5mths and Brian 9yrs-