Re: [IPk] More creaking bits...<G>

Hi Rhoda,

>Back on steroids for asthma (better than going into hospital!), steroid
>cream for eczema that is on persistent flare-up mode at present.  Any
>suggestions as to what triggers this?

With me (the asthama, not eczema [gods, you can spell it - you have no
idea how much I envy you for that]) the flare-ups seem to be part of a
vicious cycle:
bad bgs - more infections - more flareups * worse bgs

I went to the asthma clinic a couple of weeks back, and they suggested
that I use the steroid inhaler when I got an infection, to prevent the
flare-up.  I did this with the little cold/cough I had two weeks ago ...
however, this seems to have destabilized my bgs.

Does the steroid make you more resistant?  There was nothing on the
insert contra-indicating it for diabetics.  It seemed to me that it was
making me more resistant just for a matter of hours, and then, of
course, I was crashing down ....

What does seem to be working (a little) for me is correcting everything
over 5 as a 'high', rather than waiting until over 7.5 as I used to do.
(I didn't think this was working, but once I took the steriod-influenced
results out, it does seem to have brought me down from ranging from 9.5
to 10 as an average to ranging from 9 to 9.5 as an average.  (For those
reading my figures for a first time - these are AVERAGES, not TARGETS,
and are numbers that I usually, never, see on my meter!  I normally see
in-target figures, or way above target figures, or below target figures.
What changes with better control is not that all bg levels fall, but
that fewer bgs are found in the teens).

I now have a much worse cold (with temperature, mild nausea, etc.) and I
haven't taken the steroid.....

Cheers,

Pat
dm 30+, 508 3+