[IPk] Pump start date delayed or cancelled.

Hi Jackie and Sasha,

I had my pump start cancelled too - just 6 days before the process was due
to start and without any explanation.

The DSN arranged the following appointments for me :
7th and 14th Feb with the dietician.
18th, 21st, 22nd and another day that week, to be arranged with DSN
consultant (starting on the pump on 21st).

I was advised not to work or drive for 1 week after starting on the pump,  so
i had to book time off work, and my husband did too - to take me to the
appointments in Liverpool (we live in Stoke).

I have tried to gain information, but nobody seems to want to speak to me.  I
have written to the consultant, but he hasn't replied. I suspect the reason
is  that i prefer a pump which is different from the one they recommend, but i
have  good reasons for doing do so.

I have since been to Stafford Hospital and they have agreed to put me on a
pump. I am now waiting for the funding application to be sorted out, and hen
they will arrange training. I won't feel relieved until i am actually on a
pump,  though.

I know you have had a disappointing time, but keep fighting.

Best wishes,

Sue