Re: [IPk] Re: pump features

In message <email @ redacted>, Nanette
Chana Freedman <email @ redacted> writes
>But on my new Cozmo (don't know about the other new pumps) there is
>indeed an insulin on board feature, but you don't have to use it. Also,
>since there is a special correction bolus feature, which calculates how
>much insulin to give based on data you set it up with, but again you
>can always manually alter the amount, it knows that your previous bolus
>was a correction, and the default then would be not to adjust another
>bolus for the insulin on board. In other words, it really is quite
>flexible and intelligent, and when you don't like the results of its
>calculations, it is not a big deal to override them.
>Nanette

Hmm, seeing as I might be looking for a new pump in April, or might be
waiting for the trial later this year (it is not so much an
'experimental' pump, as a pump that isn't yet on commercial release,
however, it's from a company that might not be able to meet my
requirements for customer response). ....

You seem to be saying that if I eat, and bolus, and then ask the pump
how much to bring down from a high, it will use 'insulin on board', but
if I correct, and then, an hour later, ask how much to bring down, it
won't caculate 'insulin on board'.  That seems to me to be exactly the
wrong way round.

Could you repeat/clarify: what happens if I correct, but am (as one
would expect) still high an hour later?  What happens if I eat, and am
high an hour later?

'High', in the way I work it now, is _anything_ over 5.

Best wishes,

Pat

--
Pat Reynolds