[IPk] Re: pump features

Pat,
I suspect that some of your concerns (understanding that they are
academic at present, but they may be practical for others), about
having clever features like an insulin 'on board' correction, are
needless, since I too was worried about automatic calculations that
would upset my balance.
But on my new Cozmo (don't know about the other new pumps) there is
indeed an insulin on board feature, but you don't have to use it. Also,
since there is a special correction bolus feature, which calculates how
much insulin to give based on data you set it up with, but again you
can always manually alter the amount, it knows that your previous bolus
was a correction, and the default then would be not to adjust another
bolus for the insulin on board. In other words, it really is quite
flexible and intelligent, and when you don't like the results of its
calculations, it is not a big deal to override them.
Nanette