[IPk] RE: Sweets v Dextro tablets

Karen,

We used sweets to begin with when Alex was diagnosed but were told that
they didn't pull sugars up as quick so changed to dextro.  Alex can take
a good 15mins before she feels ok.  Would you say that all the sweets
you noted are as fast acting as the dextro tablets?

Alex would certainly prefer the sweet option.

Marion

Dextrose tablets *are* horrid. Blech.

Wouldn't Alex like jelly beans (Joosters) or jelly babies instead?
They have an extremely high GI and are really great for hypos. I've
used jelly beans for years now, and I still haven't become fed up with
the taste - they're yummy.

Karen
..