[IPk] for Barbara - Canterbury hospital

Dear Barbara,
I was sorry to hear about Charlie's scary hypos, and your obvious worry over
Canterbury hospital. I live 20 minutes away from Canterbury by car, and the
'saga' of what  will happen to Kent & Canterbury hospital has been in local
paper headlines for ages and ages;
We were told that the A & E part is the bit that is being re-directed to the
William Harvey at Ashford (my diabetes clinic  location before I got sent to
Guy's), yet when I had to call for paramedics to come and take my daughter to
hospital when her tonsils swelled up so much she couldn't breathe a couple of
weeks ago, I was surprised to find them taking us to Canterbury A & E and not
Medway or Ashford.
We're sure we would have heard about it if the whole hospital was changing.
There would have been more of an outcry. I'll see what I can find out  in fact
I'll ring my friend who is a nurse practitioner now...... she's not in. I will
try her again later and let you know what I find out.
Michele