[IPk] CGMS alarms and removing the cannula

Sasha seems to be enjoying being on the monitor at the moment.  However we
have had a few alarms for calibration problems.  Not sure how common this
is.  Of course just when we were tired and shattered (had colds all week)
the monitor alarmed last night at 11.30 PM, so we had to read the photo
copied instructions to find out what to do.  It alarmed again today at
school.  It was at about 2.45 pm so not long before home time and Terry has
gone up to sort it out and bring the twins home.  All good practice for the
pump no doubt.

The hospital said they would leave it to us to remove the cannula either on
Saturday or Sunday.  I am not sure how remove the cannula.  Will it be
easier, after we have detached the monitor and lead of course, to soak it
off in the bath??  Is the cannula on a sticky pad or just being held by the
sticky film??

Jackie
Mum of Sasha aged 10 dx 1999, twin sister Rebecca, both coeliac 2001
Mum also to Danni and Nicola, wife to Terry