RE: [IPk] CGMS and high BG levels

Hi Jackie

Not specific to using the CGMS but I get what I suppose would be called
"Sunset Phenomenon"! I become progressively less sensitive to insulin as the
evening goes on - my basal rate jumps from 0.7 units an hour to 1.3 units an
hour and the amount of insulin I use as a bolus/ correction also increases
at this time. - so the later I eat the more insulin I need. When on MDI this
was accentuated since none of the long acting insulins were active at this
period (including Lantus which lasted about 18 hours in me, Monotard and
Insulatard were useless!).

So could be something similar?

Hopefully the CGMS will give you a good picture.

Best wishes
Adrian