[IPk] absorption?

Grace's A1c is now 6.1%. It was 6.4% three months ago. I am sure that
reintroducing gluten has played a part as there have been lows with that but
overall I have been very relaxed. Grace has had five parties in the last two
weeks and I purposely let her eat without restriction. In fact she doesn't
pig out but Carbs are mad numbers in terms of prepump. I am just wondering
is Grace particularly sensitive to the insulin and might this change. the
nurse thought I was changing sets every two days and when I said we were
three she admonished me and said we don't want her to develop absorption
issues? Very rarely, I have left Grace four days if there is a good reason
and yes there is a difference and she having so few potential sites I
wouldn't dream of doing it regularly. Is there any substance in the
suggestion that going three days may effect our long term performance on
pump?
The Consultant kept saying "well done". I found it sad, as this time last
year Grace was 9.8% and I was living a hell trying to keep her numbers in
check. In fact I had declined most of the parties we sailed along to this
year. It's nice to be the "good" student but sort of made a farce to me of
the guilt I used to walk away with before.
We love the pump!
Mir
Mum to Grace dx 10.03 pumping glorious..(sleep deprived... but glorious all
the same)...five months