RE: [IPk] Brittle Diabetes - Vent

Hi Adrian

This a very good question!!
My care was supposed to have been transferred back to Reading after 6
months. At this time I was still trying to get hold of the funding that had
been promised since I was first seen at Bournemouth in May 2004. I chose the
Animas pump. In Reading, apparently, they use Medtronic pumps because the
Medtronic nurse comes to train the prospective pumper because Reading
doesn't have the necessary trained staff.
When, in November, Neville Pearce, the Rep from DiagNosys Medical, called me
from the Royal Berks Hospital telling me he was training the nurses there on
the new Animas IR1200, I thought that I would finally have contact with my
Clinic. To this date I am still waiting for said contact. Although I was
told the nurse was really enthusiastic about the new IR1200 and that she was
looking forward to meeting up with me again to get to know the Animas pump a
bit better, I have heard nothing. And when I have 'phoned the Clinic I don't
get to speak to the nurse.
So, I think I'm still under the care of Dr Kerr at Bournemouth, but I could
be wrong!!

Your experiences sound very upsetting. Good luck  with your recovery.

Jane