RE: [IPk] Pump start date cancelled.

>It would be easier with a continuous monitor, and a pump where I could
>alter the basal rates by percentages - I think I've got the basal rate
>about sorted now ... but don't have time to continually re-programme the
>two other rates in parallel, so am resisting using them (I am on many
>different levels per day, so it takes around 10 minutes to reprogram.
>Ten minutes I don't have to waste should I work out the following day
>that I actually need to move a time or amount.  Grrr.

I found changing basals a pain (big under estimate!) - but something I have
done to make it easier in the future is to set a rate for every hour (even
if its the same as the preceding one) so if I need to adjust it later I
don't have to edit subsequent ones - just alter that hourly rate(s). OK its
not perfect and if I were particularly insulin sensitive I would consider
doing it for every 30 minutes (so would 48 basal rates in 24 hours with say
4 or 5 actually different rates).

Hope that makes sense

Adrian