[IPk] Optium Xceed

Just got new meter from Medisense. It's the optima but more than half the
size. Countdown in 10 seconds and does ketones too. Fits in an extended pump
bag for Grace so I figure it'll add big time to my peace of mind. Our hosp
doesn't have the software so I don't know if that is not available yet. I
just asked for one as our use of strips will more than justify. Very neat
and has back light. Uses the old strips and once coded will do both the
glucose and ketones with the initial coding for either new box. I find the
freedom with the pump means that we are compromised sometimes cos Grace is
only five and carrying a glucometer is awkward but sometimes she ends up
diverted when out and the pump allows that freedom but not having the
ability to check to hand has been a problem. That it can do ketones too is a
real plus. Slimmer than the onetouch and about the same size squared off.
Not needing a tub will be great as occasionally Grace has failed to close
the tub properly.... The strips will fit neatly to the outer side of this
new pumpbag ( adapted from a M&S sweet bag). I'm chuffed. We haven't used it
much yet so I'll let you know if we have any grief.
Mir
Mum to Grace 5yrs dx 10.03 pumping five months
The number is 1800 776633 (UK line)
Ireland: 01 4691570 ( you could ask for Adel and even mention me, cos I told
her I would be sending other parents. They are in City West and will post
out the meter.)