Re: [IPk] Pump start date cancelled.

In message <email @ redacted>,
email @ redacted writes
>I was advised not to work or drive for the first week

Others have questioned that point, but I support it.  While in the first
week or two of pumping one is (often) advised not to go hypo, it happens
(I went hypo the first time I walked a mile ...).  The close monitoring
(bg measurements every 30 mins) needed to tune basals, etc., may be
possible if one has some kinds of jobs, but anything where one has to
answer the telephone, or speak to colleagues or the public for more than
a minute or so at a time is probably too difficult to do at the same
time, unless one has a will of iron.

Talking of frequent measurement of blood glucose in busy situations: ace
tip from Melissa: don't forget that mobile phones have alarm clocks in
them. I've been setting mine for 2 hours at each measurement, and this
way getting the noise I need to remind me that time's up.  I'm amazed
how quickly it goes from 6pm to 8pm!

Best wishes,

Pat
--