[IPk] Re: Bad week

Marion Malik writes:

> Can I ask, what is a Diaport and when/why would you use one?

Hi Marion

The DiaPort is a surgically implanted titanium plughole with a tube that
goes into the abdomen. You plug a ball-ended infusion set into it to infuse
insulin directly into the peritoneum, bypassing the skin and fatty tissue.

I had one implanted because of absorption becoming unreliable in more and
more infusion sites.

HTH

Lesley